Fascinated by the skilled work of professional butchers? Find out how restaurant chefs cut and trim (fabricate) whole beef tenderloins to produce mouthwatering steaks, roasts, stews and sandwiches. If you have ambitious plans for your holiday menus this year, join CHI's experienced chef-instructor to taste and learn about everything from the Chateaubriand to the tips and the chain.
Each Studio Demonstration & Tasting Class includes the following:
- Professional culinary instruction with interactive Q/A
- Two high-definition TV screens with live video to ensure a great view from every seat in CHI’s culinary studio
- Tapas-sized portions of several dishes
- An informational packet with all the recipes, tips and techniques covered during the demonstration
Taste and learn at CHI!
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please, no children under the age of eight.
- Note that grilling courses may take place indoors during inclement weather.
- For the latest on weather-related delays and cancellations, visit Greenville Technical College’s policies on inclement weather.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: While every effort is made to accommodate food allergies, CHI is a teaching facility that includes the preparation of all foods. Please be aware that our menu items may contain or come into contact with common allergens such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. Please call (864) 250-8835 if you need to request accommodation for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Please visit CHI Policies & Procedures at https://chigreenville.com/about/index.html to learn more about dress code requirements designed for your safety during class.
UPDATE ON COVID-19
- Masks are mandatory for vaccinated and unvaccinated employees, students, visitors, and vendors in all indoor spaces.
Masks are strongly encouraged in outdoor spaces when groups gather. The situation will be evaluated at regular intervals to determine a safe end date for the mask mandate. Face shields are not an acceptable substitute for masks unless an employee has submitted medical documentation to HR or a student has submitted medical documentation to Student Disability Services.
Vaccinations are also strongly encouraged for everyone. Many vaccine locations, including the Buck Mickel Center, accept walk-ins. Vaccine events are also being held on our campuses to make getting the shot as convenient as possible.
- When you arrive, proceed to the restrooms to wash your hands properly for 30 seconds. Hand sanitizer is throughout the building, however, washing hands is the best way to remove and kill pathogens.
- For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19.