Fall is in the air, and the holiday season is just around the corner! Learn how to make Halloween even more delicious and fun as you make and decorate sugar cookies with your family. Designed to give you confidence in baking and decorating cookies as you head into the holidays, this cookie class offers a fun and delicious activity for both beginner and advanced bakers.
During this hands-on course, CHI’s chef-instructor will cover the basics for producing delicious, uniform sugar cookies, from making and rolling the dough to cutting and baking the cookies. You’ll learn techniques for working with royal icing and buttercream, and you’ll have the chance to practice piping, flooding and filling cookies as you make fun Halloween-themed designs. Compete for best cookie and then take home a dozen sugar cookie masterpieces!
NOTE: This course offers reduced rates for a parent/guardian with a child. Be sure to select the appropriate "Optional Fee."
At each of CHI’s Hands-on Cooking Classes, you’ll enter Greenville Tech’s gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. CHI's culinary educators bring extensive cooking and teaching experience to help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from CHI’s chef-instructor as you produce several dishes in CHI’s state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please, no children under the age of eight.
- Note that grilling courses may take place indoors during inclement weather.
- For the latest on weather-related delays and cancellations, visit Greenville Technical College’s policies on inclement weather.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: While every effort is made to accommodate food allergies, CHI is a teaching facility that includes the preparation of all foods. Please be aware that our menu items may contain or come into contact with common allergens such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. Please call (864) 250-8835 if you need to request accommodation for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Please visit CHI Policies & Procedures at https://chigreenville.com/about/index.html to learn more about dress code requirements designed for your safety during class.
UPDATE ON COVID-19
- Masks are mandatory for vaccinated and unvaccinated employees, students, visitors, and vendors in all indoor spaces.
Masks are strongly encouraged in outdoor spaces when groups gather. The situation will be evaluated at regular intervals to determine a safe end date for the mask mandate. Face shields are not an acceptable substitute for masks unless an employee has submitted medical documentation to HR or a student has submitted medical documentation to Student Disability Services.
Vaccinations are also strongly encouraged for everyone. Many vaccine locations, including the Buck Mickel Center, accept walk-ins. Vaccine events are also being held on our campuses to make getting the shot as convenient as possible.
- When you arrive, proceed to the restrooms to wash your hands properly for 30 seconds. Hand sanitizer is throughout the building, however, washing hands is the best way to remove and kill pathogens.
- For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19.