Known for vibrant flavors rich with herbs and warm spices, Middle Eastern cuisine offers incredible variety and delicious options with wide appeal. Sign up for this course to learn the techniques for making traditional mezze completely from scratch, including fresh pita bread, crispy falafel, and hummus. You’ll also help to produce beef kebabs called kofta and other mouthwatering dishes.
In this course, CHI’s chef-instructor will guide you step-by-step through techniques for preparing a Mediterranean feast. Whether you already love foods from the Middle East or want to broaden your culinary horizons, this course will give you more confidence to experiment with incredible flavor combinations and inspire you to be a more creative cook!
At each of CHI’s Hands-on Cooking Classes, you’ll enter Greenville Tech’s gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from CHI’s chef-instructor as you produce several dishes in CHI’s state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please, no children under the age of eight.
- Note that grilling courses may take place indoors during inclement weather.
- For the latest on weather-related delays and cancelations, visit Greenville Technical College’s policies on inclement weather.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: While every effort is made to accommodate food allergies, CHI is a teaching facility that includes the preparation of all foods. Please be aware that our menu items may contain or come into contact with common allergens such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. Please call (864) 250-8835 if you need to request accommodation for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Please visit About CHI >> CHI Policies & Procedures at www.CHIgreenville.com to learn more about dress code requirements designed for your safety during class.
- Facemasks covering nose and mouth are required for all college visitors, students and employees.
- Please do not bring extra guests.
- When you arrive, proceed to the restrooms to wash your hands properly for 30 seconds. Hand sanitizer is throughout the building, however, washing hands is the best way to remove and kill pathogens.
- For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19.