Take the mystery out of a delicious basic cheesecake that never fails in this demonstration and tasting course at Greenville Tech’s CHI. Sit back in the beautiful new Culinary Studio as Chef Bill Twaler explains techniques for ensuring that your next potluck or party is a hit, whether you’re making a sweet or a savory cheesecake. You’ll get to taste everything Chef Twaler makes as you learn the essential methods for developing flavors in delicious fruit sauces and chocolate sauces that are far superior to store-bought.
At each Studio Demonstration & Tasting Class, you’ll sit in the audience of CHI’s state-of-the-art culinary studio, featuring stadium-style seating and the latest audiovisual technology. Watch as Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler teaches the history, traditions and practical applications of your favorite culinary topics. Bring your questions for Chef Bill, and participate in a lively, interactive class to feel like you’re part of your favorite food TV show.
Each Studio Demonstration & Tasting Class includes the following:
- Professional culinary instruction with interactive Q/A
- Two high-definition TV screens with live video to ensure a great view from every seat in CHI’s culinary studio
- Tapas-sized portions of several dishes
- An informational packet with all the recipes, tips and techniques covered during the demonstration
Taste and learn at CHI!
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please, no children under the age of eight.
- Note that grilling courses may take place indoors during inclement weather.
- For the latest on weather-related delays and cancellations, visit Greenville Technical College’s policies on inclement weather.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: While every effort is made to accommodate food allergies, CHI is a teaching facility that includes the preparation of all foods. Please be aware that our menu items may contain or come into contact with common allergens such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. Please call (864) 250-8835 if you need to request accommodation for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Please visit CHI Policies & Procedures at https://chigreenville.com/about-CHI.html to learn more about dress code requirements designed for your safety during class.
- Facemasks covering nose and mouth are required for all college visitors, students and employees.
- Please do not bring extra guests.
- When you arrive, proceed to the restrooms to wash your hands properly for 30 seconds. Hand sanitizer is throughout the building, however, washing hands is the best way to remove and kill pathogens.
- For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19.