Though specialties vary from region to region, American-Chinese restaurants offer up some of the entire country’s most beloved takeout food. Sign up to learn the essential skills behind favorites like Beef & Broccoli and General Tso’s Chicken, plus methods to produce incredible Fried Rice from pantry ingredients you already have on hand.
In this course, CHI’s chef-instructor will walk you step-by-step through home-cooking techniques that achieve restaurant-quality results. You’ll learn how to make delicious takeout dishes at home, where you control every detail, from salt and spice levels to the proteins and vegetables your family loves. You’ll also get to take-out anything you don’t finish in class!
At each of CHI’s Hands-on Cooking Classes, you’ll enter Greenville Tech’s gleaming new commercial kitchen to be a culinary student for the day. Certified Executive Chef Bill Twaler has more than two decades of experience as a culinary educator and will help you become a stronger cook while enjoying your time in the kitchen. Hone your knives and your skills to become more proficient and efficient as you cook dinner for your family, impress your friends at the grill, or bake sweet treats with coworkers.
Each Hands-on Cooking Class includes the following:
- Step-by-step instruction from CHI’s chef-instructor as you produce several dishes in CHI’s state-of-the-art commercial kitchen
- Knives and aprons to use during your class
- Enjoy all of the food you prepare at the end of class, and take home what you don’t finish!
- An informational packet with recipes, tips and techniques covered during your hands-on class
Put on an apron, learn a new skill and cook something delicious at CHI!
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please, no children under the age of eight.
- Note that grilling courses may take place indoors during inclement weather.
- For the latest on weather-related delays and cancelations, visit Greenville Technical College’s policies on inclement weather.
- Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: While every effort is made to accommodate food allergies, CHI is a teaching facility that includes the preparation of all foods. Please be aware that our menu items may contain or come into contact with common allergens such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish or wheat. Please call (864) 250-8835 if you need to request accommodation for any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Please visit About CHI >> CHI Policies & Procedures at www.CHIgreenville.com to learn more about dress code requirements designed for your safety during class.
- Facemasks covering nose and mouth are required for all college visitors, students and employees.
- Please do not bring extra guests.
- When you arrive, proceed to the restrooms to wash your hands properly for 30 seconds. Hand sanitizer is throughout the building, however, washing hands is the best way to remove and kill pathogens.
- For updated information, please check reopening plans and guidelines to the college’s response to COVID-19.